VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

6/19/12

Yoshi

I went to the park today with my sister since it was the last week that the bring a friend free coupon for May and June weekdays was valid.

We got to the park around 12:00 and went to the Saw Mill Log Flume first. There was no wait but by the time we exited the ride, it went from no wait to a 15 - 20 minute wait.

Runaway Mine Train was next with a 2 train wait. 2 rows of the 3rd car are now blocked off for Flashpass and they weren't allowing the rows to be used by non Flashpass users when there was no one with Flashpass at the ride. Even later in the day when we walked by the ride and the line was past the stairs, every train had those 2 rows going out empty which was kind of annoying to see.

Next was Skull Mountain with a 4 train wait. We got the last row of the first car and it was strange how different it was to ride there especially going down the first drop since I almost always go to the last row of car 7.

Nitro had been listed on the closed rides board earlier, but was now open with the line in the switchbacks so we went to The Dark Knight instead waiting 10 minutes.

We decided to go back to Nitro and wait thinking it would be around 30 minutes. It ended up being around 45 minutes because the line stopped moving a few times, possibly because of a lot of Flashpass users. Once we got to the 30 minute sign, the line started moving like normal rarely stopping that much.

After that we went to Safari Discoveries and then left since all the major coasters had very long lines. Superman looked to be at least an hour, same for Green Lantern. Batman was in the garden area and I didn't look at Kingda Ka but I thought it was likely at least 45 minutes. I didn't expect the park to be that crowded since NYC schools are still in session and the lot wasn't that crowded but lines were long.