VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

6/14/12

Yoshi

I decided to go to the park after work today for a few hours. I got there at 3:00 and went to Nitro first. The line was past the 60 minute sign and was around 15 minutes. The line had gotten a little longer after I exited the ride so I decided against another ride and went to Skull Mountain. 1 train wait for the last row and then I walked around again waiting 1 train for the last row of car 6.

Blackbeard's was next waiting 1 train. Green Lantern looked to be around 20 minutes but I used the single rider line waiting 1 train for row 5 and walking around and waiting 1 train for row 3. Superman had broken down but after my 2nd Green Lantern ride I saw it had reopened with about a 15 - 20 minute wait. Unfortunately, after a few minutes in line they announced they were taking a train off which would take a few minutes and then make the wait at least 30 minutes with only 1 train running so I got out of line.

Kingda Ka was about 15 minutes but when I got to the station, the ride broke down. After waiting a few minutes and seeing that they were having the people get out of the train and back behind the air gates, I left the ride. It is really getting frustrating to wait for the ride since it has been breaking down at some point on over half my trips to the park this year and it's to the point where I won't get in line if it's more than a 15 minute wait because I don't want to spend time waiting in line only to have the line breakdown and then the time spent in line was for nothing.

I walked over to Plaza Del Carnaval and went to Tango and then Rolling Thunder. Only the right side was open and it was a 1 train wait. Dispatches were faster than normal like last week which is good to see.

The Log Flume looked to be around 25 - 30 minutes so I skipped it and went to Runaway Mine Train with a 1 train wait. I was going to take the Skyway back to the Dream Street station but it had a long line so I went back to the boardwalk and rode Green Lantern again not using the single rider line since it was a 1 train wait and saw Superman was still at least 25 minutes.

I walked back to Kingda Ka waiting around 15 minutes again. I got the last row of the 2nd car and it was kind of rough. I decided against another ride and went back to the Log Flume waiting a couple of minutes. The first small drop got me soaked which has never happened before.

Bizarro had a 1 train wait with very slow dispatches as usual. Even with not all rows going out with riders it was still double stacking.

There was less than 10 minutes until the park was closing so I went back to the Skyway waiting a few minutes. I was surprised that at closing there were still people taking the Skyway to Frontier Adventures and people were in line also waiting to board the Skyway. I wondered what the point of taking the Skyway to that side of the park was since everything was closed.

Sky Screamer was closed the entire time I was at the park. I also noticed the radio control monster trucks had their steering wheels covered with tarps and the trucks were removed from the arena. I didn't get in as many rides as I would have liked partly because I ended up backtracking a little because of the breakdowns but it still wasn't a bad trip to the park and I guess 14 rides in 4 hours is still good.

Ride Count:

Nitro, 1x

Skull Mountain, 2x

Blackbeard's, 1x

Green Lantern, 3x

Kingda Ka, 1x

Bizarro, 1x

Rolling Thunder Right, 1x

Tango, 1x

Runaway Mine Train, 1x

Skyway, 1x

Log Flume, 1x

In the next week or two I'm going to stop going so often once crowds pick up. Since 2008 when I got a season pass I have gone a total of 3 or 4 times in July and August in all of those years. Last year I went from the end of June until after Labor Day without a trip to the park. Then I start going every week again (or at least try to).

Hopefully you have a chance to get some coaster rides in soon.

Edited by Yoshi

I also noticed the radio control monster trucks had their steering wheels covered with tarps and the trucks were removed from the arena.

Are you talking about the trucks behind the Big Wheel? If only....

Call it greed, but I think we should get the Tilt-a-Whirl from American Adventures too! The ride would be a nice little low-cost bonus to our revitalized Fantasy Forest and would fit in perfectly just behind the Big Wheel where the remote control cars now stand. With it, the park could really promote next year's additions as a "family flat rides package"!

gallery_2_579_16747.jpg

gallery_2_579_662834.jpg