VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2012 - "More Than Ever Before"

Bizarro101

That would be amazing, but it's difficult to do that. Most of the emplyees leave when it gets to August, so having nearly 60-70,000 guests at one time controled by 2500-3000 employees is kind of hard, especially, if we opened HH as a Terror Tail.

Which is probably why he said:

...this is a far fetched idea that I know will never happen... I know the logistics of trying to operate two parks with the crowds is very tricky... It would take a whole lot of organization and funds to pull off...

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^A lot of improvement is needed! I think the whole family appeal ruined the atmosphere of FF. I say tone down family appeal and turn the scare factory up!

If what i heard is true, don't think you'll be disappointed.

This was also on the FF makeup artist/company fb page when they posted the event

Hey, gang! The first of many Fright Fest auditions here at Six Flags Great Adventure is coming up in just a few short weeks! Why are we starting so early? Because we are giving all of Fright Fest a big makeover this year and we need more zombies, psycho clowns and other crazy performers than ever before. Come try out and show ME your best zombie!

Feel like improvements are underway ;)

If what i heard is true, don't think you'll be disappointed.

This was also on the FF makeup artist/company fb page when they posted the event

Feel like improvements are underway ;)

Wow! This is awesome. :) Now I can't wait till October.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate how last year, six flags magic mountain got 8 new fright fest attractions!!! They got three new mazes: Cursed, Chupacabra, and The After Math. I would want to see SFGA get Chupacabra for something different. SFMM also got 2 scare zones and 3 show! All we got was one maze, Projest XI- Mortuary Manor.

Until attendance starts to drop off they probably don't feel the need to do too much to upgrade the experience. Dorney keeps throwing money at their event and improving it and it has become popular, but Fright Fest still outdraws it without the park having to spend nearly as much.

Magic Mountain has much more competition with Knott's than GA does with Dorney or any other park in the area. They have started spending more on it finally and are adding a new maze this year after finally adding one last year. Until people stop going to Fright Fest there is little reason to do much to revamp it. The park still reaches capacity...it's not like adding more is going to create more parking or space in the park for guests.

The park still reaches capacity...it's not like adding more is going to create more parking or space in the park for guests.

The park over exceeded its capacity! I remember last year the park had about 60,000 people in the park for one FF night. All they did was add a new terror trail while having little to no ghouls around the park. This new Voodoo Terror Trail will hopefully have the same turnout as last year.

Actually, Magic Mountain is also charging for its mazes this year.

Don't forget that Knott's Haunt is actually a special ticket event and even their SP holders have to pay for it, and the new one is an upcharge on the upcharge. It's the same at BGT and Universal, and I believe at Carrowinds and Kings Island as well now. Eventually I think all parks will either upcharge per Halloween attraction or just turn their Halloween events into hard ticket events. They've all realized they can make more money that way, and provide a better product for that extra money as well as weed out the cheapskate passholders and young kids.

Actually, Magic Mountain is also charging for its mazes this year.

Don't forget that Knott's Haunt is actually a special ticket event and even their SP holders have to pay for it, and the new one is an upcharge on the upcharge. It's the same at BGT and Universal, and I believe at Carrowinds and Kings Island as well now. Eventually I think all parks will either upcharge per Halloween attraction or just turn their Halloween events into hard ticket events. They've all realized they can make more money that way, and provide a better product for that extra money as well as weed out the cheapskate passholders and young kids.

The parents that pay for their kids to get into separate ticket events are the worst especially during Halloween Horror Nights,and I see it every September that I go there..But honestly I don't see the product offered at Fright Fest worth much at all.If more money was put into the event meaning they have to make it a separate ticket event I would definitely go to spend money there.But until then,I just skip Fright Fest every year.

The parents that pay for their kids to get into separate ticket events are the worst especially during Halloween Horror Nights,and I see it every September that I go there..But honestly I don't see the product offered at Fright Fest worth much at all.If more money was put into the event meaning they have to make it a separate ticket event I would definitely go to spend money there.But until then,I just skip Fright Fest every year.

Fright Fest use to be good. It hasn't been in recent years. When was the last time you went?

That's the problem though, GADV upcharges for their mazes and they really are not that good. Dorney doesn't upcharge yet their mazes are really well done for a local park. The problem is GADV is complacent, and all of history has shown that complacency never ends well.

Anyone know where the Voodoo Island Terror Trail is? For some reason I'm thinking it is in the basin of Congo Rapids.

I was wondering that same question this past weekend.

Voodoo Island Terror Trail will actually be located in Frontier Adventures, making use of the peninsula under the Log Flume!

^ Oh, and Frontier Adventures will be a big part of this year's event. In addition to the new terror trail, the area will see the return of the Bone Butcher Terror-Tory inclduing western zombies, Bad Bob the Bone Butcher show (at the former Teepee spot) and Doc Swan's Sideshow of Oddities at the Runaway Train Stage!